Personal Finance Apps
How to Safely Use Personal Finance Apps
If you use a personal finance app, such as RobinHood, CashApp, Venmo, Paypal, and more, there are some important steps you can take to protect your personal data.
1. Examine the terms of service for apps you are using.
- Before agreeing to download, review the app’s data retention policies.
- Determine whether the app resells your information.
2. Find out what security features the app offers.
- Take advantage of any features that ensure your personal information remains safe.
- If you can, opt in to two-factor authentication for an extra level of protection.
3. Always confirm the validity of the app.
- Make sure you are downloading the correct app from your app store.
- Don't provide any personal or financial information unless you trust the organization.
4. Change your passwords regularly and avoid repeating passwords.
- Highly secure passwords often contain letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Don’t store passwords on your phone or in a location where others might be able to access them.
Contact us right away if you feel your information has been compromised!
« Return to "Blog"