New Scam Alert
New Scam Alert: Amazon Calls
There is a new popular scam circulating involving scammers pretending to be representatives from Amazon. The scammers will claim there is a problem with your Amazon account because you have a fraudulent charge or a lost/damaged package. The scammers will attempt to get your personal information by requesting remote access in to your computer in order to steal your online banking information.
How to Stay Safe:
- Never allow someone who contacts you to have access to your computer remotely.
- Never give out your account number or personal information.
- Know that Amazon will never call you to solicit your personal information.
- Know that Amazon will never request payment outside of their website (i.e. through gift cards, mobile payment apps, wiring funds, etc.)
- If you receive a suspicious phone call or email, do not engage.
- Report suspicious activity to Amazon here.
Disclaimer: Any reference made in this blog to a specific product, process, or service does not constitute or imply an endorsement by Connected Credit Union of the product, process, or service, or its producer or provider.
« Return to "Blog"